The Purpose of the Corporation project has published several articles with the intention of stimulating the discussion on responsible and sustainable corporate management. Furthermore, we also comment on relevant policy developments and important events.
List of published articles:
ICGN 2017 Yearbook:
- "Davos: Debunking the myth of shareholder primacy"
- "Sustainable Finance report: implications for investors and directors"
- "Recommendations to rethink UK corporate governance"
- "5 Steps for Stronger Companies"
- “Defining Corporate Purpose is the only Way Forward”
- “Launch of UK B Corp Movement Prompts Debate About Future of Corporations”
- "What Trump's Presidency Could Mean For Business"
- "Unilever Defends Long-Term Corporate Strategy, Rejects Buffett Takeover Comments"
Columbia Law School's blog on corporations and the capital markets:
- "Barclays Offers CEO Leadership Lessons For 'The Fool Who Doth Think He Is Wise"
- “A First In EU Law: Shareholders Don't Own Companies”
- Implementation of the EU’s Non-Financial Reporting Directive ‘fails materiality test’
- “Conference report: ‘Creating Sustainable Companies’ summit: shareholder primacy needs overhauling”
- “Business is tackling the difficult questions politics has dodged”
- "We need to talk about compliance"
- "Transcend 'shareholder value' for all our sakes"
- "Too many see becoming the boss as ‘a prize, not a responsibility"
- "EU negotiators reach agreement on revised Shareholder Rights Directive"
- "Does the HLEG need to define sustainability?"
Katrin Muff's blog at Business School Lausanne:
Peter Crow's blog:
Observatoire des multinationales:
Oxford Business Law Blog:
Andrew Johnston and Tiina Ruohonen in the University of Oslo website:
The project has also been cited by several experts in their articles, blog posts and research studies.
Friends of the Earth:
Ernst & Young Cleantech and Sustainability Services on behalf of the European Commission:
Submission to the UK BEIS Committee inquiry on corporate governance:
Oxfam Briefing Paper
Shift project website:
Cover picture (CC) Jesse Knish Photography